Congrats on the release!
Alpha v0.7 released!
Today may be the first of April, but this is not a joke:
There is a new Super Tux Party release!
As announced in the previous release, this release brings a vastly improved version of GNU spaces along with a new space type: Nolok spaces.
How does it work?
When landing on a GNU space, a minigame will be played. There a two types of minigames:
- Solo minigames:
A single player challenge. If the player succeeds, the player will be given an item as reward.
- Coop minigames:
Here the players have to join forces. If they succeeed they will each get 10 cookies.
So GNU spaces help you and all other players.
Nolok spaces are the opposite of GNU spaces. As GNU spaces reward the players, Nolok spaces punish them instead.
Nolok spaces invoke different effects when landed upon, too:
- Solo minigames:
Very similar to the GNU variant, just instead of rewarding the player with an item. They will loose a cake if they fail the minigame.
- Coop minigames:
Also similar to the GNU variant, but the players are not given cookies if they succeed, they loose cookies if they fail.
- Board effect:
Contrary to the GNU spaces, Nolok spaces can give the player a punishment without playing a minigame.
Currently there are two types of punishments:
- Stealing coins: Nolok will steal the players coins depending on their placement
- Bad rolls: Nolok can also worsen the dice rolls of players. If this happens, your dice rolls will be 2 less for the next 5 turns.
So Nolok spaces give quite bad effects, when you land on them. Better stay away from them!
As we've introduced new minigame types, we need of course minigames to implement this new types!
The previous version of gnu minigames are now called GNU Coop minigames, so there are 3 new minigames we need to discuss.
Forest Run (GNU Solo):
This is a Jump and Run style minigame, where you have to dodge rocks thrown by catapults and jump between platforms to reach the finish line.
Dungeon Parcour (Nolok Solo):
Similar to the forest run minigame, this minigame is also a Jump and Run style minigame. You need to dodge fireballs instead of thrown rocks.
Boat Rally (Nolok Coop):
In this minigame you need to reach the finish line with your boat. The catch is that each player can only paddle at his position.
Therefore teamwork is important here.
We've been kindly given a free hosting solution for translation on Weblate. Translations are open and welcome, so please help out if you can!
- Added loading screens
- Added music to "Haunted Dreams" minigame
- Added Graphic options
- Requires game restart
- Added victory screen with game summary
- Added 3 new minigame types:
- Gnu Solo: Single player challenge that is rewarded with an item
- Nolok Solo: Single player challenge to avoid a cake getting stolen
- Nolok Coop: All players have to work together to win the minigame or loose 10 cookies each
- Added 3 new minigames:
- Forest Run: Jump and run platformer (Gnu Solo minigame)
- Dungeon Parcour: Jump and run platformer (Nolok Solo minigame)
- Boat Rally: Steer a boat through rocks and avoid getting hit by falling bombs (Nolok Coop)
- Added Credits screen
Improved / Changed
- Smoother player movement on boards
- Fixed roll button not clickable
- Fixed missing translations
- Improved outlines when selecting items/players
- Better dirt texture
- Cakes don't respawn at the same location (if possible)
- Fixed the ai diffculty setting in savegames
- Saving when prompted with a minigame will no longer skip said minigame after loading
- Fixed crash when loading the "Haunted Dreams" minigame
- Fixed the board turns setting being ignored